MPCS FLEET PRIVACY AND SECURITY POLICY
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
To use our web and mobile applications, you are required to either create (as an individual) or have your employer's administrator initiate an account for you to use on our Site. To provide our Services to our clients, your prospective employers, we need to know certain informationaboutyou. ThetypesofinformationwecollectdependsontheServicesselected by the client. Several categories of information may be collected from you, as described below.
A. Information Provided by You
Information that you may provide to us includes, but is not limited to:
• Email Address
• Physical Address
• Phone Number
• Social Security Number
• State Driver’s License Related Information
• Employment History
• Drug and Alcohol History
For example, we may collect information from you when you:
• Log in or create an account
• Start or sign a driver application form
• Create or edit your user information
• Complete an online form
• Contact customer support
The decision to provide us with information is optional; however, if you elect not to provide certain information, you may not meet the employment requirements necessary to perform services as required by our clients, your prospective Employer.
B. Information That Is Collected Automatically
We may automatically collect certain information about your use of the Site, including when you use our website without logging in.
Device and Usage information.
We may collect information about: (i) the computers or devices (including mobile devices) you use to access the Site; and (ii) how you use the Site. Examples of the information that we may automatically collect and analyze include, but are not limited to:
• IP Address, a.k.a. Internet protocol address (your point of access to the Internet). IP address can reveal a web user’s general location (city/state/country);
• Location Information, including the geolocation of your device. If you use our mobile apps, you will be asked to give the apps access to your mobile device’s geolocation data. If you grant such permission, we may collect information about your precise geolocation information (i.e., your real-time geographic location), and may use that information to customize the Site with location-based information and features. If you access the Site through a mobile device and it does not interfere with any applicable law, or regulation, and you do not want your device to provide us with location-tracking information, you can withhold permission to access that data or you should be able to turn off the GPS or other location-tracking functions on your device by visiting settings or privacy settings or settings for location services;
• Unique Device Identifiers, including, but not limited to, MAC Address, IDFA, IDFV, IMEI, and Advertising IDs;
• Device Attributes, including browser types, browser language, and operating system;
• Usage Data, including information related to the ways in which you interact with the Site, such as: web log data, referring and exit pages and URLs, platform type, the number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages and content viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time you used the Site and the services, the frequency of your use of the Site, error logs, and other similar information; and
• Transactional Data relating to the forms you upload or sign on the Site, such as: form metadata, form subject, authentication method used, and form history.
As described further below, we may use third-party analytics providers and technologies, including cookies and similar tools, to assist in collecting this information.
MPCS may use Twitter, Facebook or other social media outlets to market and promote its offerings and services. Any communications you make with MPCS using these media may be used by MPCS in accordance with this Policy.
Cookies and Related Technologies.
We use “cookies” and other “tracking” technologies for a variety of purposes. The technologies we may use include, but are not limited to: (i) browser cookies; (ii) web beacons; (iii) tracking pixels; and (iv) local shared objects (“flash cookies”). Our uses of cookies and related technologies include, but are not limited to: storing your username and password; analyzing usage of the Site by collecting the device/usage information discussed above customizing the Site. As we adopt additional technologies, we may also gather additional information through other methods.Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your browser setting to decline cookies by visiting the Help portion of your browser’s toolbar. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in, customize, or use some of the interactive features of the Site. Flash cookies operate differently than browser cookies, and cookie management tools available in a web browser will not remove flash cookies. To learn more about how to manage flash cookies, you can visit the Adobe website and make changes at the Global Privacy Settings Panel.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
In general, we use the information we collect to provide and administer the Site. More specifically, we might use the information we collect to:
• Provide our clients with the services and products they have requested;
• Provide you with your metadata to complete application forms efficiently;
• Send you notifications regarding your application transactions;
• Notify you about new features, products and special events;
• Test changes and develop new features, products and services;
• Generate and review data and reports describing our user base and usage patterns;
• Analyze the accuracy, effectiveness, usability, or popularity of the Site and perform research;
• Verify your identity, deter and prevent fraud, and enforce the legal terms that govern your use of the Site; and
• Resolve disputes and troubleshoot the Services.
HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
• Employers and Prospective Employers. You are granted access to the Site to use, or edit metadata by our clients, your [prospective] employers.
• Service Providers. We may share your information with third parties that we refer to as service providers to assist us in providing services to our clients. For example, we might use these third parties to provide driving record history, drug and alcohol services. Our contracts with service providers contain terms governing their use of your data.
• Business Transactions. As we develop our business, we may sell, buy, merge or partner with other companies or businesses, or sell some or all of our assets. In such transactions, user information may be among the transferred assets. If MPCS is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our websites of any change in ownership or uses of your information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your information.
• Consent. We may share your information in other ways and for new purposes if you have asked us to do so or have consented to such sharing. For example, we post client testimonials on our Site that may identify you if we have received your consent.
DATA RETENTION, ACCESSING YOUR INFORMATION, CLOSING CLIENT ACCOUNT
Data Retention. We will retain your information for as long as your profile is active or as necessary for legitimate business purposes.
Reviewing and Updating Your Personal Information. We offer you the ability to change certain information about you (such as your personal information, password and user preferences) each time you’re logged into the Site. You can also make a request to modify information that cannot be amended or deleted through the Site by contacting us using the contact information below. We will take reasonable steps to permit you to modify information that is inaccurate or incomplete.
Closing Client Account. If you wish to close your client account, email us at the contact information provided below. Your account will be closed as soon as reasonably possible based on your account activity and in accordance with applicable law. However, please note that even after you close your account, we may retain and use certain of your information (such as information regarding transactions made through our Site) to prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our user agreements and terms, and comply with legal requirements. If content or information was shared through our Site with other users, such content or information may still be available to those other users if they have not also deleted it or closed their accounts.
EMAIL AND DIRECT MARKETING CHOICES
We provide opt out information in all commercial email messages we send via an “unsubscribe” link. We reserve the right to send one message confirming your opt-out from a messaging program. Please note that it may take us some time to process your requests consistent with applicable law. You do not have the ability to opt-out of transactional or relationship messages (e.g., account notifications or order shipment confirmation) that we send if you are a registered user of our Site and are using these type of services, or if you have engaged in transactions with us. To opt out of other direct marketing from us, please contact us using the email below.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
As a leading provider of online DOT compliance services, MPCS is committed to providing many layers of security to preserve the confidentiality of your information. MPCS builds security into all of its web applications using industry best practices and disciplines from ISO, PCI and NIST frameworks. Our security practices start with our secure application development processes and continue with our operational activities to ensure that our infrastructure is resilient to attacks. MPCS safeguards the security of the data you send us with physical, electronic, administrative and managerial procedures. No transmission of data over the Internet or other public network can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. We make reasonable efforts to secure your personal information once we receive it, but we
Our server environment is protected by an advanced firewall and other security technologies. Our Site uses strong encryption and we provide safeguards to help ensure that your information is safe. Please review some of the safeguards that we have implemented to secure the integrity of your information:
Your online account access has been designed to safeguard your information and privacy by utilizing the latest Internet security technologies. To further enhance security, these protective technologies have been applied in layers.
Transmission security is provided by using SSL encryption ensuring that only you and our authorized systems are able to read the transaction information as it flows across the Internet. Through the use of digital certificates, you can also be assured that you are communicating with a legitimate server, and not an imposter.
User client account security is furnished through the use of a unique account and password combination, which should only be known by you as the holder of the account. Without this information, accessing or modifying data and initiating transactions is nearly impossible.
Access security is provided by a combination of segregated network architecture, hardened server configurations and redundant firewalls. Internet-based attacks (hackers) are stopped through the use of redundant state-of-the-art firewall technology and hardened server configurations.
We have implemented reasonable security measures to meet the ever-changing security threats of the Internet. Our web applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis and monitored by network engineers.
LINKED SITES AND SERVICES
The Services are not designed for and are not marketed to minors. We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from minors, and we do not knowingly allow such persons to use the Site. If you are a minor, please do not attempt to use the Site or send any information about yourself to us. In the event we learn that we have collected personal information from a minor without verified parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a minor, please contact us using the contact information below.
CALIFORNIA ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT COMPLIANCE
Because we value your privacy, we have taken the necessary precautions to comply with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. As a result, we will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
As part of the California Online Privacy Protection Act, all users of our Site may make any changes to their personal information, which we possess, via the web portal, at any time by requesting to remove or edit their personal information.